The Power Disc has similar characteristics to the Ultra Disc. The main difference is the removal of the lead cup, which is replaced by a fifth disc in the standard model. This pig is a more aggressive scraper, but the removal of the lead cup can make this model susceptible to difficult launching and travel in ultra low pressure and low flow rate systems. In systems with adequate driving force and flow rate, this pig is excellent at cleaning and purging fluids.
- The standard model has five discs. The regular short model has 3 discs, but other variations are also available.
- This product can be constructed without the rear driving cup, resulting in a onepiece, bidirectional disc pig.
- 80 Durometer (Long Life Formulation) is standard, but this model is also available in 60 or 70 Durometer.
- The standard model has a hollow core, which improves flexibility and allows the use of a transmitter if necessary. Solid core is available on any model. Solid core increases the product strength, which may be desirable in higher-pressure systems.
- Wrap-around brushes are available in both carbon steel and stainless steel. Brushes can be used to make cleaning more aggressive, and their use is recommended before chemical batch treatments.