What is ReCast™
Through the partnership with Suncast Polytech, QPP has a proprietary process technology called ReCast™ that makes it possible to rebuild or recycle worn polyurethane (PUR) parts. The technology creates a completely secure bond between virgin and cured PUR cast elastomer enabling ReCast™ parts to perform successfully in demanding
applications. Because cast elastomer PUR is an expensive material and has not been recyclable, the ReCast™ technology offers an opportunity to reuse what is now considered waste or end-of-life parts. ReCast™ technology has been successfully used to rebuild wear parts for a variety of applications in the Oil Sands, mining and pipeline pigging parts. In the developmental stages of ReCast,™ Suncast did a study in which ReCast™ test pieces were made by bonding virgin material to scrap PUR substrate material. A variety of substrate parent materials were used so as to provide a broader picture of the technology’s capabilities. Both ReCast™ and parent material control samples were tested and compared for ultimate tensile strength and percentage elongation at failure.
We have successfully ReCast™ thousands of parts of various sizes and types for use in a wide variety of service conditions. ReCast™ reliability is field-proven!
- Both normal wear patterns and severe damage can be repaired.
- All of the wear edges of the worn parts are rebuilt so that only the new high performance material is in contact with the wear surface. This ensures that ReCast™ parts perform and wear the same as new parts.
- Significant cost savings can be realized by ReCast™
- Parts can usually be ReCast™ several times which serves to maximize life cycle cost savings. Through our Quality System, the cores of parts being ReCast™ are evaluated at several stages of our manufacturing process as to their acceptability for being rebuilt. If the part in question continues to pass acceptability checks each time it is returned to us for ReCast™, it may be ReCast™ an unlimited number of times.
- Most importantly is the reduction of parts going to landfills and our customers reducing their environmental footprints!
Click image below to open the Engineering Report.